Love to sew? Love handbags? This is the place to be! Welcome to the Sew Cute! blog.

Saturday, February 27, 2010

Sew Cute! Saturdays



I just came across a great blog when I was reading my weekly Etsy newsletter. CarzooCrittters is a fellow blogger who sells on etsy and blogs about their crafting experience. In this article, they posted a "Giant" list of blog ideas...something we could all use a lot of! So, from now on, I'm going to try to be a little more creative with my blogging.

First orde of business: Sew Cute! Saturdays ~ one suggestion was to have daily blogging topics that you follow through throughout the week. Another friend of mine does this. So, Saturdays will be Sew Cute! Saturdays. I usually do most of my sewing on the weekends. This way, I can take photos of my new creations and post them to the blog on Saturdays. I'm sure more ideas will come, but until then, check out my projects for the day and read that blog!

Saturday, February 27 - Today, I worked on finishing up some wallets for Lucy's Art Emporium and a custom order I have. Birds are very popular right now, so the two small wallets feature fun bird fabrics in blues and blacks. The black and yellow fabrics are some of my best sellers and the blues are perfect for Spring! The larger wallet is a custom order for a woman who purchased one of my bags at a craft fair this winter. She wants a matching wallet with divisions in it and a small change purse.
r
Here is the wallet - I did have some trouble with it since this was the first time I made one. The clasp didn't want to work right at first with the divisions for the credit cards, but in the end with a little help from my seam ripper, the wallet is all ready! Now, I need to get cracking on the change purse!

No comments:

Post a Comment