Love to sew? Love handbags? This is the place to be! Welcome to the Sew Cute! blog.

Thursday, February 11, 2010

new happenings

My debut Sew Cute! at home party last Thursday was a success! I had about 8 guests and a great set of orders. One guest decided to host her own party in March and I have had three other friends contact me about hosting! This morning, I worked on cutting out some fabric for a few wallets that were ordered. My etsy site is pretty empty right now, so I need to post some new items that I made for the parties. I'm basically using it as an avenue for advertising, since the sales haven't picked up yet. Once these string of parties are done, I will look into more advertising. Maybe a blog giveaway...
Yesterday, while perusing the internet, I found a few great starter patterns for some new ideas. My brain is full of funky new items to sell - from wallets with zippers to clutches with metal frames. I found a great tutorial from the UK on how to make a clutch - clutch tutorial. Then, I found a seller on etsy.com that sells purse frames from the US for pretty inexpensive.

That's what I'm thinking about now. I will get some photos of my new projects up soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment