Love to sew? Love handbags? This is the place to be! Welcome to the Sew Cute! blog.

Wednesday, March 3, 2010

lists

If you read my last entry, I am trying to expand my blogging abilities. It is important to not just blog about Sew Cute! and my business ideas. But, today is a day for organizing my thoughts!

This morning, I was reading my etsy email and all the wonderful tips and tricks they give you to promote your business. Of course, it would be wonderful if I had the time to actually implement all of these ideas - maybe I would increase my sales! Day by day, right? At least, while I am at work, I can do research and find cool ideas, document them here and then go back when I have time. That's the plan, anyway! One of the featured tips was from the curious pug, an etsy seller who blogs and posts helpful tutorials. If you get a chance, check it out - it is a great list of how to boost your etsy business. The five tips I liked the best were:
~4. Add your shop address and blog url to your email signature. - a great tip, why didn't I think of that?
~19. Make a slide-show quick and easy with Google Picasa and post it to YouTube. - she even includes a tutorial on how to do this! It's a creative way to get a new group of people looking at your stuff.
~23. Use your 14 tags wisely. You can also include your shop name as a tag in a few of your items so buyers can find you by searching for you on etsy. - I just recently realized you could type in your own tag at this point of adding an item on etsy and adding your shop name is super!
~17. Host a giveaway. - once I have some more followers and my shop has more inventory, this is top priority!
~26. Thinking about taking custom orders? It would be wise to take a non-refundable 50% deposit from the customer before you even begin. Then have them pay the rest after you set up a reserved listing with images. Don't just go through email with a custom order. Set up a listing on Etsy. - I think I need to look into this, I thought I set it up, but might need to revisit!
Thanks, Curious Pug, for all your helpful tips! Here is The Curious Pug's etsy page - the curious pug. Check it out!

#1 thing to do this week: set up a flickr account!

No comments:

Post a Comment