Love to sew? Love handbags? This is the place to be! Welcome to the Sew Cute! blog.

Wednesday, June 9, 2010

Planning for Fall

I know we just barely started summer here in New England, but my thoughts are to the cooling down of temperatures and the changing of wardrobes. Why? I'm developing a new purse line for Sew Cute! and want to take my time and make it wonderful. While I am dreaming up new purse patterns, I also want to pay attention to fashion trends.

I found a blog that follows fashion trends - fashionising.com - and looked up the hot colors for Fall 2010. If you are interested in reading the whole article and seeing the various colors, click here. The gist that I got: mixing travel/adventure and "going green". From exotic blues and magentas to rugged military greens and metallic greys and blacks, this fall should be interesting. And, I hope to make my bags just as so!

Let's look at some possible fabric swatches....

chocolate brown, golden glow, exotic:


joann.com


golden glow, rugged:

amy butler fabric/lotus

fashion futurism, brocade, refined elegance:

joann.com


After checking out a few other blogs, I found a blogger who gave a list of the Fall 2010 Textile and Fabric trends. Check out "Love is Life" here. It seems we are in for some heavier fabrics - twills and velvets. She echoed the metallics and the following color schemes winter flowers - teal/burnt organge/grey, navy/dk - lt poppy/lime/turquoise, plum/burgundy/rust.

The military look is also back "in" for Fall 2010. How about some industrial messenger bags to complete your look?

What color scheme would you want in your fall bag?

  • coming up next: Fall 2010 fashion trends for bags and accessories


No comments:

Post a Comment