Love to sew? Love handbags? This is the place to be! Welcome to the Sew Cute! blog.

Thursday, May 13, 2010

Big News

Hello! I've been neglecting my blog and twitter accounts lately because we've been busy at work! I thought I would take some time to write and then catch myself up on the blogs I follow! I miss everyone. =)

The first bit of news is baby related! Doug and I went for the ultrasound this morning - 21 weeks and counting! Our baby BOY is healthy, strong (95% for size), and very modest - he wouldn't let us know "who" he was until the very end, keeping his legs crossed the entire ultrasound!!! It was wonderful to see my baby's form - truly a blessing and miracle from God.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well. Psalm 139:14
Seeing my child inside of my womb makes me wonder how people can not believe in a mighty, sovereign, loving God.

I should have some pictures coming soon; my husband is scanning them. I'm wondering what the next stage in my pregnancy will bring - we've started our registry, so we'll have to finish that. We have signed up for our hypnobirthing class (not as crazy as it sounds, believe me!) and I'm slowly (yes, I am very happy about this) gaining weight. So far, 10 pounds. =) Grandpa Gray has painted the nursery, now we just need to fill it with baby stuff! Whew...it should be fun!

Another big set of news....my dear friend Amanda is getting married this weekend!!!! Doug and I are happy to be part of her big day...I'm helping coordinate the ceremony and reception and my husband has the pleasure of officiating the ceremony. We are so excited for our friends...marriage is a wonderful blessing. Congrats Mandy and Tim!!! It will be a beautiful wedding weekend.

On the bag front.....I had my third Sew Cute! At Home party a few weekends ago and came home with another HUGE order. The success of my little business is mind-boggling and a little stressful - with a full time job and pregnancy hormones to manage. I've been sewing away on my new orders and will get some pictures up soon. I've decided to take June off to get ready for my baby BOY (quilt, crib skirt, nursing cover, bobby cover....you get the picture!!!), but will then reevaluate for the rest of the summer depending on my energy levels! At the very least, I will stock up my etsy shop, Lucy's Art Emporium, work on my business plan, and get ready for some fall craft fairs.

A special shout-out to my wonderful husband, Doug - he has been amazing during my pregnancy (and all five years of marriage!!!) - going out for late night cookie runs in the rain, ordering out when he knows I will be too tired to cook, and adapting to my ever present crying. I love you, honey!!!

Whew! That was quite a lot to update. =) Talk soon!

No comments:

Post a Comment